Dishwasher - MI - Detroit
TITLE: Dish Washer
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef/Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
FT/PT STATUS: Full time
The Dish Washer is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of washable items (trays, bowls, plates, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.) and dish room area in order to maintain the hotel's standards of quality.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Wash dishes, glassware, and pots or pans using a dishwasher or by hand.
• Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Handle all items carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
• Re-Stock clean utensils and utility/service ware in the appropriate storage areas.
• Clean station areas & mop entire kitchen (or back of the house work/break area) as needed throughout and at the end of shift.
• Remove all waste material from kitchen and back of the house/break areas, including cardboard and properly dispose of it in the appropriate receptacles.
• Clean spills in kitchen and work areas immediately.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures.
• Outstanding customer service skills and ability to attend to guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Able to wear proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance with Chesapeake Hospitality policies and procedures.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and with a team.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Ability to learn and apply hazardous chemical training standards during new hire introductory period.
• Perform other duties as requested by management. Education & Experience:
• 8th grade education or equivalent experience required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for entire shift, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, smell, taste and perform repetitive motions that require manual dexterity.
• This position requires the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate machinery and tools, determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and make general observations of facilities.
|Posted on||17 Jan 2018|
|Location(s)||MI - Detroit|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|