Cook - Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront - WI - Milwaukee
The newly renovated Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is looking for an energetic, driven Cook. Chesapeake Hospitality, is an award-winning hotel management company with a rich history and an established track record of successful operations for full-service and select-service hotels and an experienced management team that has operated virtually all of the leading hotel brands. Enjoy the employee travel benefits of working as a team member of IHG Hotels (great rates at more than 4800 hotels around the world) and make good money while you're at work with a great staff! We look forward to having you join our family of hospitality professionals!
The purpose of this role is to prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment for our restaurant and banquets.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per Hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Hotel standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
|Posted on||29 Dec 2017|
|Location(s)||WI - Milwaukee|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|Hours/Status||Part-time/Non-benefited (less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|