Guest Service Agent- Full Time - MI - Detroit
TITLE: Front Office / Guest Service Agent
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
FT/PT STATUS: Full Time/Part time
The Front Office / Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in and checkout and throughout their stay, in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Greet, check-in and checkout guests approaching the Front Desk in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner and in accordance with company, hotel and brand standards.
• Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities, restaurants, transportation, entertainment and hours of operation in a timely manner.
• Resolves guest challenges and takes appropriate action to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
• Build rapport with rewards members, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms, make welfare calls, encourage feedback throughout their stay.
• Identify, solicit and sign up potential reward members (if applicable).
• Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
• Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
• Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
• Use proper two-way radio and phone etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
• Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
• Complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
• Review Front Office log daily.
• Be aware of all rates, packages, special promotions and closed out/restricted dates as listed.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
• Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist when needed.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company and hotel standards and needs.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with company, hotel and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
168 - Front Office-Guest Service Agent.docx 8/1/2017
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma/GED or equivalent education/experience required.
• 6+ months of front desk experience required.
• Experience in a hotel or other customer services related field required.
• Computer experience with basic proficiency in Microsoft office and hotel property management systems required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for the entire shift, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, perform repetitive motions and climb in and out of vehicle.
• This position requires the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• The employee is required to have visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures and make general observations of facilities or structures.
• This position is primarily indoors and requires frequent use of computers, copiers, facsimiles, keyboards, telephones and accompanying devices like radios and headsets.
|Posted on||17 Jan 2018|
|Location(s)||MI - Detroit|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|More details (document)|