Guest Service Agent - Hackerman-Patz House, Towson - MD - Towson
We are proud to partner with University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center providing exceptional service to the guests staying at the Hackerman-Patz House located on the grounds of the hospital. The Hackerman-Patz House was designed specifically to provide housing for patients and/or caregivers of those patients receiving treatment at all local hospitals.
We are looking for candidates who are people friendly and eager to provide our guests a "home away from home." Current shifts available are 11pm -7am with an occasional 3pm-11pm shift. The overnight shift is ideal for students who prefer to study at night as there is an extended period of quiet time. Must be willing to work weekends if necessary. This is a part-time position, 2-3 shifts per week.
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing quality guest services that include registration and check-out, mail and message service. The Guest Service Agent must be accurate with daily accounting procedures.
The essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation and use the guest surname!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as needed.
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Graveyard) checklist by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Attain knowledge of immediate area, services, attractions, and events.
- Assist with Concierge services.
- Attain knowledge of fire and emergency procedures.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Perform all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Other related duties as become necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidate must possess a flexible schedule.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Posted on||02 Jan 2018|
|Closes on||30 Jan 2018 11:00|
|Location(s)||MD - Towson|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|Hours/Status||Part-time/Non-benefited (less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|