Kitchen Supervisor - Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront - WI - Milwaukee
The newly renovated Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is looking for an energetic, driven Kitchen Supervisor. Our full-service hotel includes our highly regarded Anchorage Restaurant, along with a modern Rivers Edge bar and patio for guests and patrons to enjoy on a daily basis. Chesapeake Hospitality is an award-winning hotel management company with a rich history and an established track record of successful operations for full-service and select-service hotels and an experienced management team that has operated virtually all of the leading hotel brands. As an IHG employee, also enjoy employee rates at hotels all over the world! We look forward to having you join our family of hospitality professionals!
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of the planning, preparation, production and control of all culinary operations while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist the Executive Chef with the supervision and coordination of culinary activities and employees; hire, train, develop, assess and empower staff to achieve the department's goals.
• Assist with the forecasting, implementing, monitoring, controlling and reporting on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
• Assist in the planning and directing of food preparation and visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen to ensure quality and timeliness.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage.
• Establish presentation technique and quality standards for the kitchen.
• Estimate food consumption and demand and order supplies, food, and ingredients accordingly.
• Practice and ensure kitchen cleanliness, correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations.
• Ensure and train employees to maintain a safe and secure environment at all times and comply with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
• Coordinate and monitor inventory and par levels.
• Manage loss prevention and security of inventory and food items.
• Oversee special catering events and offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
• Interacting with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
|Posted on||29 Dec 2017|
|Location(s)||WI - Milwaukee|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|More details (document)|