Thank you for your interest in joining the Chesapeake Hospitality team. As part of the application process, you can apply for a particular job that fits your background and career goals, or you can set up a profile outlining the type of job you are looking for. Setting up a profile will save you time in the future and allow you to receive notices of vacancies that match your job preferences!
In an effort to make the application process seamless for you, we have put together some answers to commonly asked questions. If you are having technical difficulties, please read these instructions first.
1. Must I complete the application online?
All applications for jobs with Chesapeake Hospitality must be completed online and it's very important to upload your resume (or manually enter your employment history) and answer the job specific questions asked of you in the application.
2. How long will it take me to complete the application?
The initial Chesapeake Hospitality application should take between 5-15 minutes to complete. You are required to supply your basic information by either uploading a resume or completing the application manually. Once you have created your profile, you may apply to any other posted position in a matter of seconds.
3. Why should I create a job alert?
By selecting job alerts, you authorize us to send you emails and updates when positions that match your preferences become available. You will need to have a completed profile to elect job alerts. We encourage you to opt into the job alerts to save yourself time and so you do not miss out on opportunities.
4. How can I tell if my application was received?
After submitting you application to a particular position, you can confirm, at any time, that your application was received/completed, by doing either of the following:
- Check your email for a confirmation message that mentions the specific job that you applied for.
- Log in to the site again using your email address and password, and click on "My Applications" to see your submitted applications.
If the process is interrupted for any reason, such as a temporary problem on the Internet or computer, you are able to log into the site and click on "Draft applications" to retrieve your incomplete application.
If your application was not completed and is not in the draft, then we encourage you to apply again. The system will ensure that you only apply to the same job once.
5. What formats can I use for my resume (CV)?
You can upload your resume (CV) and other information such as cover letters in any of the supported formats, which are:
- .doc (Microsoft Word format)
- .docx (Microsoft Word 2007+ format)*
- .rtf (Rich Text Format, supported by Microsoft Word and other products)
- .pdf (Adobe Acrobat format)
- .txt (text format, supported by many products)
This site also allows you to enter your resume directly into a text field, in which case you can just "cut and paste" the information from any other document.
Otherwise, if your resume is in another, unsupported format (for example, many new PCs come with Microsoft Works, which uses an unsupported format), then you will need to convert your resume into one of the formats above. Here is a typical way to do this that will work with many PC products:
- Open your resume for editing as usual, for example by clicking on it, and then select the entire contexts (for example, using "Edit -> Select all", or by dragging the mouse from top to bottom).
- Use "Edit -> Copy" to copy the contents to the clipboard.
- Now start the WordPad program (using "Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> WordPad").
- In WordPad, use "Edit -> Paste" to insert the contents of your resume.
- Save the WordPad document as an .rtf file (using "File -> Save as", and choosing the RTF format).
- Now your resume is in a supported format that you can upload to this jobs site.
6. Why does nothing happen once I have entered information like my resume?
After clicking "Apply now", and as you answer questions and provide information on the wizard, sometimes, as you move between tabs, the site may appear to 'hang' (or 'freeze'), or simply do nothing. This delay is due to the time that it takes to upload your resume or information from your own computer to this web site.
If you still believe that the site is hanging, it is possible that this be the result of a failure on the Internet that interrupted the transfer. If you believe this to be the case, then close, re-open your browser, and then log in again. It is always safe to try and apply again for a job, asÃÂ the systemÃÂ will ensure that you can only apply once.
7. Why is my resume (CV) or cover letter not being updated?
After using "browse" to choose your newly updated document, remember to press "Next" on the current tab pane - that is the point at which your document gets uploaded.
8. Why do I get the message "The file you submitted was too large. The file must be smaller than [maximum size]"?
There is a maximum size for documents such as resume (CV) files that you upload to this web site. Documents that are larger than this cannot be uploaded, as they are difficult to manage for the employer's recruitment team who will process your job application.
To reduce the size of your document, edit them and remove any large elements that take up space. Typically these will be large or complex images, or embedded objects such as sound files or presentations. Sometimes also, older version of programs such as Microsoft Word may waste space inside an apparently simple documents: you may be able to overcome this by cutting and pasting the entire contents of your resume into a new document.
To determine the size of your document on a PC, find it using Explorer, and then right click on it and view "Properties".
9. I don't have a job code - what do I do now?
Job codes are the short codes that we use when we place a job advertisement in newspapers. If you are reviewing jobs from all other sources, you will not have or need a job code. The job code helps you go straight to a specific job, however even if you don't have a job code, you can still find all the jobs on this site by using "Search".
10. None of those answers helped me, so who can I call for help?
If none of the answers on this page helped you please SnapHire technical support at email@example.com.
11. Who is SnapHire
SnapHire is the company that provides the technology behind this Chesapeake Hospitality careers site. SnapHire only provides technical support for the career site and does not handle the recruitment or applicant selection. If you have any suggestions for improving our career site, please send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org.